Saturday, April 17, 2010

[Please] Reign in Us

Hey peeps!! I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted any songs.. but here we go again, and I really hope ya'll will be blessed =]. This song is another worship song, written and performed by Starfield, titled "Reign in Us"



To be very honest, I don't really know what to type up.. but I know a few things.

The chorus really echos what I really desire in my heart. "Oh, Great and Mighty One, with one desire we come: That You would reign, that you would reign in us!" I love singing this, because in my own life, I realize all these areas where I don't let God reign. When I think of the word "reign", I think of rule; I think of sovereignty (haha, even bigger/vaguer words xD). Basically, I think of God being in complete control. So I ask myself, "God, could you please reign in me?" I am a very forgetful/sway-ey person, prone to wander in mind and heart and emotion. With all the times that I forget that I'm living for God and not myself, I feel the need to plead with my soul and cry to God that He would reign in my life. All of my selfish thoughts, wondering about how MY name will be glorified and not His.. I'm in such desperately need of His touch.

The last part really stuck out to me when I first sung it. Reminding me that this purification, this commitment to God, is not just for myself. God intends for us to be a light into this world and show how awesome He is! It's all about the glory of God. So I'm still praying to God this prayer for myself and for us:

So reign, please reign in us..
come purify our lives, we need Your touch
come cleanse us like a flood, and send us out
so the world may know You reign,
You reign in us..



=].

1 comment:

michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.