Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kutless-Identity


Ahh, this album is really cool...and here is one of the songs I like. ("believer" is really good too). Basically, the message that is really resonating with me is one about identifying with Christ. This is who I am: I am a sinner, but I am also God's child because Jesus' death and resurrection has made a place for me in God's kingdom. Before, I didn't know how to put these two parts of me together because they contrasted with each other so much....But I guess it was because I didn't realize how radical and powerful what happened on the cross was. I didn't know how to let go of my mistakes. Mistakes held on to me because my future decisions were based on past successes. But, because of Jesus Christ, I have a future, and this is what I ought to base my decisions on. I should strive to become who I want to be, and meant to be, instead of focusing on not becoming who I was... Ahhh, thanks God for revealing this to me. Now, I know that I can become righteous even though I stumble.

Doesn't look like the embed code is working...here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG-yjLB6etw&feature=relmfu

1 comment:

Tim Young (found in Jesus :D) said...

(I added the video to this, so it works now. Hope that's ok!)

Thank you Annie for sharing this song! I really like it =). I'm REALLY glad to hear that this is something God's teaching you! It's something I know I definitely struggle with.. but its SO important to know that we find our complete identity in our Creator, not in our failures or successes, not in who we are or what we've done. Amen! God for sure has an awesome plan for how He's gonna use you and me, and we can be exCITED cuz of who He is =).

(haha this is random, but after writing this comment, it says "choose an IDENTITY" and i'm like :]. done.)