Sunday, May 17, 2009

Beautiful Day




"Beautiful Day" - by U2

I'm very tired right now, but I really want to share this song, especially on a day like this--blue skies, lush green fields (at softball practice! =D), and the blazing sun. Heh, it's a beautiful day. I'll keep it brief, though.

This is one uplifting anthem that I enjoy very much. I'm not going to go into it too much, but--while the entire song is great--here are some lyrics that stand out to me and really get me (you can make out whatever you want out of these lyrics):

"It's a beautiful day
Sky is falling, you feel like it's a beautiful day"

"Touch me, take me to that other place
Teach me, I know I'm not a hopeless case"

"See the... see the... see the...
See the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out"

"What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow"


Regardless of whatever may be going on in your life, everyday is a beautiful day. Every day is a blessing from God. I gotta remember that. This song actually reminds me of the story of Job: everything is going wrong in his life, but ultimately, he recognizes God in his life, and it's all okay. As vague as that statement was, it holds true. I like this song.

It's sleep time for me. May you all have a beautiful day. =]

1 comment:

Tim Young said...

hahaa, yay. this is a pretty happy song. it's pretty fun. thanks for the song to make me smile :]