Friday, May 22, 2009

If We Are The Body - Casting Crowns

If We Are The Body - Casting Crowns



I've heard of this song often...seems KLOVE plays it every other day at the minimum. This song brings to mind a current thought about the church of today (Cumberland, any Christian church in the world). I'm wondering how much are we doing to fulfill the Great Commission. It's so easy to be consumed with everything about ourselves. Our thoughts seem to be mostly about ourselves...while the needs of the world go unseen and unmet. This post is in relation to the note on my Facebook page about poverty in the world. Everything starts with the man/woman in the mirror. Each morning, as I get up, I have to look at myself in the mirror...and ask God...what is it you want me to do today, God? Help me to see the needs of the world...and then help me to meet those needs. May my eyes and heart not be calloused, stone cold, without compassion. Thank you God for speaking to us through music amongst other things.

No comments: