Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Free to Be Me by Francesca Battistelli



I loved this song when I first heard it even though I didn't know all the lyrics; I was still able to make out what she was saying/singing. I don't remember when I first heard Free to Be Me, but I think it was during the summer, when I had nothing to do during the weekdays... K-Love played this song a lot, and it's inspiring to know that God loves me for me, even though He knows all my flaws and imperfections, "but perfection is my(our) enemy," because it is even though I do strive to make straight lines for projects, and I do try to remind myself that perfection is my enemy. This song helps through those moments when I try to write in a straight line for worksheets, projects, etc.. "I'm free to be me, and you're free to be you!" God loves you for you, and remember perfection is our enemy.

1 comment:

Tim Young said...

Hehe, SUPER late comment! But thank you muchos Mayen for sharing this! Its a really nice happy song that encourages me, especially when I feel really down on myself.. Yeah! I really like that line "on my own I'm so clumsy," just cuz... well, I can really relate to that x]. BUT, on His shoulders, we can see that we can be free to be us! :D. Yay God's grace!