Thursday, August 27, 2009

Beyond Measure

Ah, the blog has been getting kind of lonely lately, and I thought I'd share this song with you (obviously) :]. (look at the youtube site if you want to see all the lyrics.)



~Jeremy Camp "Beyond Measure"

(Bridge)
"Everything I have
has been given so unselfishly,
and shown that even when I don't deserve,
You always show the fullness of Your love"

There are always times in our lives when we're feeling out of touch with...well, everything. Feeling down or even numb. This song such a wonderful reminder of God's unrelenting pouring out of blessings on us. Every breath we take, every beat our heart pumps, is yet another glorious blessing God gives us. And God is so ready to take you and I places. "Every next step, is an extrodinary scene". Every chapter of our lives is written with purpose by the hand our amazing Creator. I don't know about you, but when I pull my attention away from myself and think about how much our God has blessed us, things seem to be better, though situations might be exactly the same as before. God has given us a beautiful life, though fog sometimes blocks our view. When we try to figure things out though, grope through everything we have for meaning, for purpose, for something REAL, we'll find every time that we are nothing and would have nothing apart from God.

To kind of really understand this song, you have to know a little bit about Jeremy Camp's life. In this song, Jeremy Camp praises God for several specific ways He has blessed him: a newborn child, a loving wife, and then more. Jeremy also understands that this life brings a lot of pain. In his early twenties, his girlfriend whom he loved very much was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. The two got married five months before her passing. Jeremy's first album "Stay" has several songs talking about this inconceivably trying time for him, the song "I Still Believe" being the first song he wrote after his first wife's death. Through all of this, he sees that God guides our steps and goes with us through everything... everything.

Jeremy Camp's story is awesome.. but I'm realizing more and more that your story and my story is just as beautiful, filled with all of God's amazing love and grace. We've been given so much more than beyond what we can measure. This beautiful life He's given us.. I don't want to watch it go by, not understanding the great gift He's laid before us. When we meet God and look back, will we be ashamed that we had our blinders on for too long to see that He's poured out so much on us? More than that, for us now, we should be excited! Excited for where God is going to take us next, whether it be through our first college years or the last years in high school or just tomorrow even! What AWESOME blessings God has planned for us... please guys, remind me of this when I just can't see things clearly. I'll try to do the same for you =].

(Chorus)
"I know that I've been given more than beyond measure
I come alive when I see beyond my fears
I know that I've been given more than earthly treasure
I come alive when I'm broken down and given you control"


Oh, and if you want to check out "I Still Believe", here you go. I still cry sometimes when I hear it... glory to the God who mends our brokenness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4qPceadBMU

No comments: