Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hide


I think I'm really stressed out. And I'm really frustrated and full of jumbled emotions. I don't know what's causing them, probably college. And I don't want to trouble others either. I know they have their own problems too, and I don't want to trouble them. I feel as though I'm not going to others because I want to be the better person, and not appear to be like a selfish person. But I realize that sometimes, being selfish makes it okay for the other person to be selfish, lightening the burden for the other person. Anyways, I'm going to be selfish now...but it's ok. I want to be selfish around God. Because then, I would want and need his love more.

To anyone who hides behind a smile
To anyone who holds their pain inside
To anyone who thinks they're not good enough
To anyone who feels unworthy of love
To anyone who ever closed the door
Closed their eyes and locked themselves away

Chorus
You don't have to hide
You don't have to hide anymore
You don't have to face this on your own
You don't have to hide anymore

So come out, come out, come out wherever you are
To anyone who's tryin' to cover up their scars
To anyone who's ever made a big mistake
We've all been there, so don't be ashamed
Come out, come out and join the rest of us
You've been alone for way too long


And if you feel like no one understands
Come to the One with scars on His hands
'Cause He knows where you are, where you've been
His scars will heal you if you let Him

1 comment:

Tim Young said...

thanks Annie for sharing your thoughts about this song! I haven't heard it in a long time, but it's always really amazingly comforting to know that as far as I might want to run from everybody and the world, I don't have to hide from God.

It's a beautiful thing to be able to share each other's burdens, to help carry each other through things. Actually, this past weekend, my fellowship had its own little at-church-retreat, and I was able to share with my small group what I felt was burdening my heart. After we prayed as a group, I actually asked them if they could pray for me-- and they did. They surrounded me, laid hands on me, and prayed for me. Then afterwards, we prayed for another person in our group. Before I asked, honestly, I felt kind of selfish too asking for prayer.. but I was glad I asked because prayer for each other builds community and helps give peace to the one being prayed over. twas nice.

Thank you for sharing with us and giving us the privilege to pray for your burdens, Annie. Can't wait to see you and everyone else in a couple weeks! Hang in there, you'll make it out =]