Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Heart



hey guys! this is my first post!

Well, this song is called "My Heart" by Paramore. Josephine first showed it to me and when i heard it, i was really moved. it was so pretty! hehe. well, anyway, getting back to the point. I dont know whether or not Paramore wrote this for God or for a boy or something (i think i've read once that Hayley Williams (singer) is christian), but i looked through the lyrics and listened to it. This song, to me, is very beautiful, and it helps me in that i need to refocus my life on God, admit my mistakes, and just understand that we need to let go and let God. "We could sing our own, but what would it be without you?" Without God in our lives and our praise, our worship is meaningless, and our lives are pointless. God has given us so much, and we need to give our all back to him. "This time I will be listening." I realize that there are so many things that distract me in life from God, and I need to just listen to him and give him my burdens. I need to let my life revolve around God.

"This heart, it beats, beats for only you. My heart is yours."

well, i must get back to my homework, but i just wanted to share that with y'all.
-abi

4 comments:

michelle said...

hey abi

nice song XD, thank you for your first post....can't wait for many more songs =)

Stepheee said...

i love the part, sing us a song and we'll sing one back to you..
i love it =]

Abi said...

We did some research, and we found out that not only is Hayley a christian, but the whole band is. They're just not considered a "Christian band." In other words, they're a secular band with christian beliefs. hehe, yippee! =)

Abi said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQuCdImYQGI

new link because old one doesnt work anymore...