Friday, December 10, 2010

how many kings - downhere



To continue this Christmas songs sharing...I'll use this song =] Have you ever listened to a song without fully paying attention to the lyrics? Well, I don't know about you guys, but I am guilty of doing just that with this song. I stumbled upon this song a couple of years ago and at the time I didn't really fully take into account the message of this song. A couple of days ago, I was just searching through some music and I found this song. I don't think it was a mere coincidence that I found this song. It was finals week and I admit that my mind was more focused on my finals than Christmas. Christmas comes only once a year and I'm wondering if I am going to let it slip by me once again? I believe God is calling me to do reflect and adore this moment in history that not only changed my life, but others as well...=]

There's so much I want to say about why I love this song. First off, I love how they captured how innocent and fragile Christ was when He first entered this world. "Is this who we've waited for?" We all know that Christ is God, but we also know that He was also once human. It's that "human" part that sometimes gets me. This child is going to be our king? It's hard to imagine Christ as a child. Also, I could repeat the chorus over and over again because Christ is no ordinary king of kings or lord of lords. He humbled Himself for me and you.

Before I became a Christian, Christmas was all about the Santa clauses, reindeer, and presents. I remember how hyped up Christmas was when I was a child. Even when I became a Christian, I still had a hard time celebrating Christmas because I was still trying to grasp the true meaning of Christmas. Because in order to celebrate something, I felt like there has to be certain activities you need to be part of or there's some kind of food you need to eat in order to be in the holiday mood. I am still trying to think of tangent things I can do for this holiday season...

but yeah...hope you guys enjoy this song =D thanks for reading this far!

1 comment:

Tim Young said...

Just thinking about that, how God came in the form of a child, really amazes me. When we deserved unfathomable wrath because of our depravity, God Himself comes to give us life and light...through making Himself the most vulnerable state, dependent on His very own creations.. that's pretty incredible, and I definitely don't grasp the meaning of it all, but it's pretty amazing itself that He'd love us this way.

I also really like the line "How many gods would pour out their heart / to romance a world that has torn all apart". i just really like it, the image of God romancing us when we messed everything up. Kinda cool :]. Thanks again for sharing this song!