Monday, July 11, 2011

Spotlight



"Spotlight" ~MuteMath

I've wanted to put this song on the blog for so long now that most people who reads this blog probably already knows it hahaa. Oh well, up it goes (after taking fOREVER to write haha).

This song is kind of a challenge to people who try to hold onto their pride and image, especially around other people. Like myself at some times. Sometimes I try really hard to keep myself together; to restrain myself from messing up, looking stupid, or whatever so other people won't have a negative opinion of me. I mean, how many of us can relate to you just tried to hard and you froze. Another line in there reminds me that the one thing you're trying to hold will be the on thing you got to let go. Kinda like how Paul tells the church of Corinth in his second letter that God's grace is sufficient for them, so they should rather boast in their WEAKNESS so that God's strength can be shown! At our last prayer meeting, Annie said something along those lines, about how she realized that God wants her to boast in her weaknesses and not try to pretend to be super-human-leader-person, because she knows that Christ is SO magnified when we can admit our faults and give them up to God. Nuff said thar =D.

I love these parts: Just take the fall. You're one of us. / Because everyone would rather watch you fall. One thing that my discipler has been trying to impress upon me for the past two years or so is what it means to be human, and I think this song really speaks to that. I'm still learning to simply be able to admit before God, myself, and others that I'm not all that I want to be or try to be. I know ya'll aren't cruel and wouldn't REALLY rather see me screw up, but i think it's cool when we can all come to a place and admit our faults and live under God's grace together. So this is just me still learning: I am human; i have my gifts and i have my struggles and I too need God as my Savior.

And its a fun song.

1 comment:

michelle said...

=]] this is very encouraging, tim. i appreciate the honesty and transparency. it's always nice to know that i am not the only human out there who struggles with their own imperfection. i am actually going through something similar to what you describe in your song sharing. God is faithful and He uses the people in our lives to move and speak for Him to show He is listening. :]