Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lord, Break My Heart




I found this song after listening to songs by Megan Nicole. A friend of mine on Youtube liked this video, the artist was Jonny Diaz. I'm not sure if this song was shared or not, but if it was, oh wells! Having double songs are fun! XD

This song is about how there are so many hurting people out there and most of us don't do anything because we're busy in our own world. And all of you know how Jenny went to Zambia to help those poor orphans out there, and this song reminded me of her sharing. And that picture she took of that little girl who couldn't go to their VBS program popped into my head. I'm sure she felt left out of the big group of children who were having fun and learning about Jesus. I know I would.

We're so consumed by all the things that we are blessed with, and those things aren't even ours. They were given by God, so they are rightfully His. There is this one Bible verse I'm sure you all know. I'm not sure where it is in the Bible but it said to not store up treasure here on earth. Because these things are all temporary. God is eternal not money, not computers, not grades, not our failures. But God only, and we should get out of little world and do something to help the orphans. Yes, paying and sponsoring a child is awesome, but we can do so much more than that.

I believe the chorus of this song can be a prayer to God to break our hearts for what break His.

So help me see through the eyes of the hurting
Come break my heart, come break my heart
True grace sees a face not a burden 
So come break my heart, won't You break my heart?
Come break my heart 


So let's pray this prayer, and see where God is calling us to help.

Oh and there is a video of Jonny Diaz talking about this song. You can watch it after you finish listening to the song, the video should be one of the recommended ones.

2 comments:

Tim Young said...

hey mayen! glad to see you back on the blog =).

thank you very much for sharing this song. this song communicates very well the sort of love for others I've been desiring.

I think my favorite line is,
"true grace sees a face, not a burden". It's so saddening but true, that a lot of times I don't love people as children of God, but simply as 'someone I should be concerned for'.

From my own perspective, I think its even worse, because I DO believe that the small things we do can make a difference, but I'm just apathetic and lazy. But I know this is not what we were meant for. We were meant to extend God's kingdom of justice, grace and love.

Oh, and the passage you're referring to is in Matthew 6:19-24. It's a great passage, and thanks for bringing that up, because its definitely great Scripture to remind us not to hold on so tight to our comfortable style of living and to pursue love and lives that are worthy of eternity. Now its the part of moving past sharing and reflection and into action.. need to be patient and attentive to God's promptings.

thanks mayen very much for sharing! =)

michelle said...

HI!

I think this post is a great testimony of you growth in God, mayen! Seriously...you're growing up so much, my friend =] This song is great reminder of how we are called to care for God's people. Unfortunately, most of the time I fail to answer His call. I do pray that God will move not only our hearts, but our bodies to do acts that glorify Him and not us. It's a slow and steady process for me. The Chorus is repeating in my head right now..."Come break my Heart, Come break my heart" (what an amazing prayer to God!). :D thanks for sharing