Friday, August 26, 2011

The Redeemer (can make anything new)



~Sanctus Real "The Redeemer"

This song is for the broken, for those who are aching for redemption in their lives and aching for God to make something new out of something ugly.

For me, this song is just an amazing reminder of the amazingness of our God to make anything NEW. From my ugly self-righteousness to the brokenness of our fellowship and church, our God is The Great Redeemer! Sometimes the bleakness of whatever's in our face can cause us to lose hope.. We don't know why God allows the brokenness in our lives.. but this song reminds me hoping and praying that God will make the broken things new in His timing, which means NOT giving up. If He can make our screwed up souls completely new by His blood, He can certainly redeem every bit of our broken relationships, lives, and hearts. He redeems me from my sinfulness and makes me new. He can make anything new.

But I'm still a dreamer, a believer
Oh I lost my faith in so many things
but I still believe in You

Cuz You are the Answer, the Redeemer
Oh I've given up on too many things,
But I'm not giving up on You

Cuz You can make anything new



Also, the band has a little behind the song video which first made me think deeply about all these things.. It's pretty inspiring, and I hope we can all identify parts of our lives where we need to submit ourselves to the Redeemer.



I don't have every answer in life,
But I'm trusting in You one day at a time
Cuz you can make a weak heart stay alive
Forever

1 comment:

michelle said...

SANCTUS REAL!!!! :DDD (enough said =]) thanks for sharing!