Sunday, March 15, 2009

Miracle!



Sorry guys, but here's another Paramore song... hehe. i dunno. i heard this a while back, and i thought it really was meaningful... the chorus anyway, because i didnt read the lyrics for the verses until recently.
Anyhoozits... umm, yea. this song is really meaningful to me because in the chorus it says...

I'm not going
Cause i've been waiting for a miracle
And i'm not leaving
I won't let you
Let you give up on a miracle
Cause it might save you

Hearing those lyrics brings me to the realization that more often than not, we have friends that we feel that we can't bring the message of Jesus to, so we give up on them. Little do we know that that piece of information is the most crucial and influential piece of information they could ever recieve. "I wont let you, let you give up on a miracle, cause it might save you."

We've learned to run from
Anything uncomfortable
We've tied our pain below and no one ever has to know
That inside we're broken
I tried to patch things up again
To cut my tears and kill my fears
But have I told you, have I?

We're so absorbed into this materialistic and socially driven world that we dont want to hurt anyones feelings or anything so we want to remain in our little comfortable bubble, and we're not able to share ourselves. I think I personally can relate to this song because i need "to kill my fears" and not "run from anything uncomfortable".

I'm sorta rambling, but i guess when i re-listened to this song, and the bridge too, (It's not faith if, if you use your eyes, Oh why) I felt that this really shows that we need to really trust God and put our faith into action. We can't just sit aside and watch our brothers and sisters fade while we're on the sidelines enjoying our little comfortable lives. If we really want this miracle of letting others know of the blessing of a new life, we need to step out there. I know this will be a tough job, esp. for me, but i know it's also necessary.

Also, reading the 1st verse... we've been blessed with this gift, and we've been provided with an opportunity to start over, "beginning with you and i"... beginning with God and I. We have this new life, "hope embraced", and filled with faith. Wouldn't you like to spread the love?

Ahh, sorry, talking a lot. but yea... just wanted to share. thanks for reading. and maybe next time, it wont be paramore, but who knows... they're a good band!

No comments: