Saturday, January 9, 2010

alive again!



Hi!

Well...I recently stumbled upon this song. I love this song! It explains exactly how I was before I met God and after I met God. It feels like my life before I came to church was all a blur. My life then compared to my life now was totally different. I am now more aware of what's happening in my life. God gives me a lot of purpose in what I do everyday. He's the reason why I look at certain situations in different perspectives. I try to make sense of who He is and what He has done for me. I do feel alive because of Him. In truth, I don't really know how to explain this feeling. I guess the thought of having someone so powerful writing out my story specifically for me gives me the push to actually to attempt to follow this amazing story He has put so much work into. He has multiple goals for me and it's my duty to reach them through however He planned it. I know it's hard to do sometimes, but isn't life more than just the easy way outs? If I my life was easy peasy lemon squeezy, then I all can say is "what am I learning from all of this?"

"Now I'm breathing in and breathing out I'm alive again."
This part gets stuck in my head all the time. It's like taking in what I learned from God and actually applying it to my everyday life. I need to keep breathing. Before God, I was just breathing in. I was learning, but where did I take all this learning to?

Late have I loved You
You waited for me, I searched for You
What took me so long?
I was looking outside
As if love would ever want to hide
I'm finding I was wrong

Up!.....that was how I was before. Enough said. =)

Thank you for reading to the end. I was attempting to make it short and simple....I wonder if I failed ): Oh wells =P

Keep posting! I read every single post and they all mean something to me (just in case you guys didn't know xP).

1 comment:

Tim Young said...

mm.. I really love how STRONG this song portrays God invading our lifes! "You called and you SHOUTED, broke through my deafness." Lately, I really think I've been limiting our limitless God, thinking my weaknesses can keep Him from being all He wants in my life. And I also love how it's basically Him giving us LIFE again. Do you ever feel dead, even though you kNOW Christ has given you life? I've felt this way a lot nowadays, and songs like this remind me that God is MORE than capable to rejuvinate us through His undying love.

I really like your comment, "before God, I was just breathing in". One way this affects me is how I feel, at this moment, God is allowing me to be SO blessed by all these things that's happening in my life.. But I'm not returning any of it to God; just keeping it all for myself. God deserves all of me, and He CAN take all of me :].

thanks for posting this song, Michelle =]