Saturday, January 16, 2010

while I am waiting



During this week, I got bored and was searching stuff to do on youtube. Although I was bored, I still wanted to use my time wisely. There is this movie I've been wanting to watch. It's called "fireproof" and I think some of you guys know about it. When I was looking up the movie, I found a music video with this song. When I first heard this song, I thought about several people. I first thought of my friend who is struggling to wait on God. I later thought about the people currently in Haiti. Reading articles about the earthquake, I can only thank God for His hope in these people. Although people are dying and struggling, people still have faith. I read how people praise God when they found this 4-year boy who they thought was dead. I also read how injured people were singing Christian hymns. All the way here in the San Francisco, most of us are thanking God for getting us through finals. While we were struggling through finals...within the same week, people in Haiti were struggling to survive. I can't even wrap my mind on how lucky I am to be living where I am living. Finals are nothing compared to what people in Haiti are going through. This song is a good reminder of how God will never fail us. Even through the bleakest times, He will carry us through. It might take days, weeks, or even years...but God will be there. One thing I've been telling myself is to praise God for everything, not just my blessings. He deserves thanks no matter what.

"I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord"

I highly suggest for you guys to sing along with this song. Sing it LOUD and PROUD xD especially towards the last minute of this song. When I was doing this, I felt like I was making a promise to God out loud. I will serve and worship while I am waiting on Him through thick and thin.

Thanks for reading and please pray for those in Haiti!

1 comment:

Tim Young said...

Michelle, thank you SO so much for sharing this song! If you read my post from the last song Abi shared, you can tell I've been pretty easily discouraged. But I'm recognizing (YES I AM, AND I WILL NOT DOUBT)that God is answering my prayers through these songs on this blog, including this song! He wants me to worship while I'm waiting, even if it's painful. Even if its not easy. This is what God desires of me.

That was a rEALLY good suggestion to sing it out loud =]. As I sing it, I want it to be real, and He's still working in me to renew what it means to "worship while I'm waiting". I'm asking God to take what little my heart is willing to give (as I'm trying to give it in its entirety).

yay for awesome songs =D. And I'm so glad God put it in your heart to think of the people in Haiti, putting everything back into perspective. God is good, and yay for this treasure in you! (haha, at one of the Bible Studies here, us freshman have gotten used to saying "Yay ____'s treasure", as we're recognizing that we're just jars of clay, and God puts in us His treasure :])